Cebu, I'm really longing to eat you!

Naghinamhinam na gyud ko makauli.

Naghinamhinam nako sa mga halok sa akong mga pinalanggang anak. Naghinamhinam nako sa gakus sa akong inahan ug amahan. Naghinamhinam nako makigduwa sa akong mga binuhing iro. Ug labaw sa tanan, naghinamhinam nako makakaon og usab sa akong mga paboritong pagkaon sa CEBU.

Ginabot, bantay lang ka!


While I've been enjoying all the best mixed kebab grill, mandi, nihari, or chicken biryani that I can get my hands (or mouth?) on here in Dubai, my Cebuano palate has been longing for some Cebuano food loving. I've been away from it for 10 months (not too long, I know, sagdi lang gud), so I definitely have some catching up to do. Here's a list of my favorites (a.k.a. comfort food) in Cebu. I hope to tick each one off this list before I return to Dubai. This is in no particular order. Photos are stolen from all over the web. Credits go to the owners.







7 - Yabeee!






















29 - Ginabot!




Kagasto aning bisyoha oi! Haha! Okay ra siguro. Ingon man akong papa, okay ra mogasto basta sa pagkaon lang. If you want to join me on my Cebu eating adventure, let me know. Pili lang asa ani inyong gustong kuyogan. KKB lang ta, pero pwede ra sad ko ninyo bangkahan. *pa-cute smiley*

I know you can find some of these dishes in Dubai, but see, it's not just about the food. For me, it's the memories, the fun times, and all that good stuff that came with it. All these dishes I've listed are not my favorites just because they taste amazing (and they do!); I chose them because they came with stories, both good and bad. I will gladly tell you those stories...after I've eaten their "respective" food.

Food is good. Food makes the world go round. All we need is food. But it's the "attached" memories that make them even more sumptuous and mouthwatering to me.

I can't wait!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing with a fountain

I hate goodbyes