Dancing with a fountain


ONE of the attractions that I was looking forward to upon coming to Dubai was the famous dancing fountains just at the backyard of the Dubai Mall. Dubbed as the largest choreographed fountain system in the world, the Dubai Fountain was designed by WET Design, the same company responsible for creating the fountains at the Bellagio Hotel Lake in Las Vegas. Here in Dubai, the mesmerizing fountain is set on the 30-acre Burj Khalifa Lake. There are daily performances coming in at 30-minute intervals in the afternoon and evening, and it's free!

The world's largest dancing fountain at the world's largest mall near the world's tallest building. They don't do things half-heartedly here, huh?
First time I went there, I was with my BFF Bujoy, and I was undeniably enthralled and touched by its beauty I almost cried. For real. We only get to watch one show though because we were in a hurry to catch the Metro train back home. (Also, we were watching "X-Men: Days of Future Past" prior to that.)

The week after, Bujoy and I agreed to rendezvous at the Dubai Mall again for more BFF bonding, I came hours before our agreed time just to catch more shows of the dancing fountain. It didn't disappoint. For a couple of hours, I was hanging around the lake with the other folks and occupied myself by reading a book in between shows. I think I caught around three shows while I was there. (Yup, I liked it THAT much.)

I'm sure my kiddos, Franco and Tating, will love the dancing fountain. I can't wait to take them there and spend an entire afternoon and evening just lazing about, eating, goofing around, and getting ourselves amazed at this fantastic light and water show.

 This video doesn't even give it justice. Best get your lovely butt
to the Dubai Fountain and treat yourself to this awesome spectacle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hate goodbyes