Food is love


I AM NO food connoisseur, but I adore food. Who doesn’t? I love food of all kinds, most especially food that is not “boring.” Bland food is bleh. Give me food that offers a thrilling adventure for my palate, and I’m in -- hook, line and sinker. Balut, anyone?

I love food that drives my tongue crazy. It doesn’t have to be so good it makes me close my eyes in its sheer delightfulness. If it’s salty or sour, I’ll have it. If it’s spicy, I’ll devour it. If it’s completely new to me, trust me to be totally giddy over it.

I’ve had quite a gastronomic adventure during my first month here. I plan to write about them one by one. For now, I’ll give a shoutout to the food I’ve had at the office.  During my first few days at work, my dear officemates here in Al Wasl offered me a taste of some really interesting and scrumptuous Pakistani and Indian food. I’ve had some mutton mince curry with chapati, chicken and mutton biryani, paratha with yoghurt, burfi and other Pakistani sweets that colleagues brought from vacation. After working hours serving tourists, residents and locals with yacht cruise services here in Dubai, this bunch here sure knows how to take a break with some really good food.

Still I couldn’t help but crave for more. Spicy food is love. Even back home in Cebu, I always find a way to add some zing into what I eat. Whether it’s a dash or two (or more!) of black pepper or some chili into my soy sauce, something’s got to go into my food to make it even more satisfying. The only problem I have with eating spicy food though is that I get hungry after an hour or two. Then I have to eat again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing with a fountain

I hate goodbyes